Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Well, I promised pictures, so here they are. The upper picture is of my thimblecase, which is really just a tiny doily that I made from one of my crochet books, that has a twisted thread cord that can be tightened to close it. The lower picture shows both the outside (gold), and inside (cream), with all the machine stitching finished, ready to finish sewing the laces on and then the pockets to the base fabric.
Well back to work,
Well, I've been busy, and one of the things I've been up to is dyeing lace for a sewing hussif and pursif. The hussif will hold all my sewing tools and the pursif will hold it (or maybe just be a purse). I usually just dye laces in whatever color I feel like at the time, with no specific place to use it, however this time I wanted to coordinate all my fabric, lace ribbon and thread for a more uniform look. I was able to find everything, but enough lace, so I decided to get my dyes back out. The dyes I used for this project were OzeCraft and Rainbow Dyes, and need to be heat set in the microwave or with an iron according to the manufacturers.
Enjoy the pics,
Saturday, July 16, 2005
Well, here are two more quilts that were finished in June and the beginning of July. The first is called Dragonfly Pond, and the second is Heavenly Hearts. The originals are here in my local quilt shop, but I had requests for sample quilts, so I needed to finish some duplicates.
Well, back to my sewing room,
Monday, July 11, 2005
Another amulet! This one is not in my patterns, although the previous ones and more are in my pattern "Awesome Amulets", which is available at the shops listed under "links".
This week has been busy! My husband is taking some time off, and we just picked up our new boat! So while he is busy installing electronics so that we can take it out, I've been busy working on a really large quilt. It will be an oversized king when it is finished, and so far I've made two sizes of star blocks, the largest of the half log cabin triangles, and am busy working on pinwheel blocks. I started with a large fat quarter pack of the "Gingham Rose" by 3 Sisters for Moda, but quickly realized that I needed to get some larger pieces for the border and binding, and more.
I also have a huge crazy quilt in progress that I hope to finish by the end of the year! There are twelve 20" blocks that are almost finished. They will be put together with sashing and layered with batting to help protect the backing fabric from the knots, etc. Since I am planning to do either regular quilting or sashiko style quilting in the sashing and border, it still has a lot of work to be done, and will require a regular binding to finish the edges.
Well, enough for now,
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Some people have a difficult time picturing a quilt made out of different fabrics, so here are the different versions I made of my Wine Country Picnic pattern for you to check out.
Hope you've enjoyed the pictures,
Well, it's been quite a while since I posted, but I've been swamped!!! After my last entry, I was busy making not only the shop hop block (ended up making five - I think), but also making three of the coordinating pattern. Two of the quilts are shop samples, but the third has been sold to the Rotary Club here in Woodinville, WA to be their raffle quilt. The raffle will take place at their auction on October 8, so if you're interested you can check with them about tickets. Once the quilts were finished, the pattern was finished, and then I also managed to finish three more patterns in time for our local Western Washington Shop Hop. The new patterns are called Wine Country Picnic, Plum Passion, Wild Waves, and Awesome Amulets. I'm going to try to get pictures up this time, so hopefully you have pictures to go with my words this time, as well as links to the shops that carry my patterns and the Rotary Club.
Come visit again,
Come visit again,