We all have little things we use all the time, but don't want them spread all over our desks or other work areas. My local Ben Franklin had kits for the structure, as well as a sample, so you could see how it could look, depending on your color and paper choices, and since it was marked down, I decided it might be just what I needed. After deciding what papers I would be using, I purchased coordinating paint, since it's easier to find paint than try to find scrapbook papers.
The instructions are divided in half, with assembly on the left, and general project instructions on the right. After reading both, I decided to assemble, then paint, and then paper (even though the instructions on the right side implied that you would paint and paper the project before assembly). It was a bit more fiddly, because I had to paint and paper interior corners, and measure more carefully, but I love the way it came out, and am now thinking I could use another, because I've already filled it with my paper arts supplies and could use another for the sewing supplies I use all the time.