Friday, October 28, 2005

Frottage printing

The other night I did some more homework for the online monoprinting class, and here are my frottage prints. I did the rubbings using Sennelier oil pastels, which were nice and creamy to use, but now I need to get them set into the fabric so that they won't rub off. The fabric was a scrap of my multicolor hand dye.

Setacolor fabric painting

These were all painted outside with my driveway protected with plastic. Some of the paint was just sponged or brushed, but sometimes I just poured the diluted paint, and one of the sunsets started out as a spill - luckily it turned out to be a good oops.


Well, right now I'm taking an online class on MonoPrinting with Susan Sorrel at, and since I haven't had time to figure out how they want pictures uploaded there, I'd just upload them here. There are quite a few, so they may be slow to load, and are just a little of what I'm doing.

These are shaving cream prints - done with fabric paints.

Another Harvest Gathering

Well, I've just finished another copy of my Harvest Gathering quilt! The original was pictured in "Quilt Sampler" magazine in August 2004, along with my pattern (of course, edited by them to fit their format). I just printed and released the pattern before school started this year, and my LQS wanted to have a sample using current fabrics - so I made another one - this is my fourth!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Hussif and Needlecase Complete

Well, my hussif and needlecase are finished! The hussif is made up of four sections, and the right and leftmost ends fold in towards the center, then it folds in half, like closing a book. It's been an interesting project, with the hardest part deciding what to include and how I will attach all my tools and how to hold my threads, as well as how to keep it closed. The easiest part was the pockets, although the embellishing was the most fun! The top row is the inside of the hussif (left half, then right half), second row shows the cover back and front, and then the second picture is the inside part of the cover. Last is the needlecase, which fits in a pocket that is under the picture of the little girl sewing. I ended up doing some wirework, using jewelry wire, to make rings and straight thread holders, as well as a hook and eye closure to hold the hussif closed.

Hope you enjoy the pictures,

Lynn M

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Pursif Finished

Finally, my pursif is complete! I'm still trying to finish the last little details on my hussif, and then I'll post pictures of that too.

Come visit again,

Lynn M