Sunday, April 06, 2008

Ryan's socks

Lately, with all the traveling we've been doing to check on the house renovation, etc., I've had lots of time to knit in the car. (I've tried to work on quilting, but got tired of being pricked and had to find something else to do.) Anyways, I decided to try some of the cool socks in Cat Bordhi's book "New Pathways for Sock Knitters". Since the socks use techniques that were new to me, I did the little baby sock lessons and found that making socks from the toe up were much more fun than from the leg down. No grafting, no picking up stitches! This pair uses a combination of techniques in the book, but is close to one that is pictured in the book. They were supposed to fit me (same gauge as the other pair I made), but ended up growing larger, so my son ended up getting these and I had to make another pair for myself.


No comments: