Sunday, October 16, 2011

Field of Sunflowers

While the paint was still out, I painted the sunflower fat quarter quilt, so now it's also ready for binding and a sleeve! Although the discharge I tried in the background layer didn't seem to work as planned, maybe the paint to discharge paste was wrong, who knows, but it will require more testing to find out.  At least the background still worked for the sunflowers, and I'm happy with the way it came out!


This is the original fabric sandwich that was quilted:


The paint changed it to look like this:


It's fun to experiment with little projects like these, so I'm planning to do more in the future!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

This is just amazing and I wonder if you would ever paint first and then quilt-that is how my brain would do this!