Thursday, February 02, 2012

In Season Socks in Progress

In 2009, I took part in the Rockin' Sock Club at Blue Moon Fiber Arts.  At the time I joined the group, I was hoping I'd be able to keep up with the group, beginning the first sock as soon as the kit arrived, and then getting behind the first month (yes, it's still a UFO, but now it's back in the "active" pile),  Now I have kits that I can grab when I would like to start a new pair, which came in handy a couple weeks ago.  I had taken the red socks with me to work on, but the car got stranded because of ice and we only dared to carry our necessary items and groceries from the car.  The nice thing about that, was that it made me grab a bag and start these socks:


I'm not that fast a knitter, but these are a relatively quick knit for me, as the first sock was finished in a little over a week!  Now I don't want to go back to the red socks until they're finished, so I try to work on them at least a little every day.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Very happy yarn-nice work! You will have a few pairs in no time at that rate-kudos!