Saturday, July 13, 2013

Always the Student - Jewelry

You know I can't resist playing in different medias.  A couple weeks ago I took a basic fusing class with Allison Thompson to learn how to take fine silver wire and fuse it into rings, which we learned to shape into rings, squares, etc., and I made this bracelet.



Today was my second fusing class, this time making fused rings with Janice Berkebile, and what fun we had!  I made these 5, making one of each style, but I heard another student managed to make 7!  You probably can't see it in the photo, but the finger with three rings has an octagonal ring closest to the tip of my finger.


In case you're in the Seattle area, the classes were at Fusion Beads in Seattle, WA.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Very cool! I think it would be a nice medium to explore....