Saturday, September 19, 2015

Summer Moon Shawl is finished!


It's all pinned out - and it's quite a large shawl!  This time, I'm going to spritz it with a mixture of water with a bit of  Eucalan wool wash (this is usually what I use to soak my finished knits in).   It will be an experiment, but I've been reading that many knitters do this and thought it was worth a try.  The reason it isn't spritzed yet, is lack of a large spray bottle to put the mix in, so I'll pick one up when I'm at the store (the little ones I have available would take forever and probably make my finger sore).  At least it's ready to go, and all spread out so I could take these pictures!

Here's another picture:


In my last post, I was trying to get the post finished and entered in the soap challenge, but I missed the deadline by seconds!!!  The reason I know it's seconds, is that I saw the entry button, with directions, but wanted to open another window so I'd have the instructions ready if needed, and in that short time, the entry window closed.  So I'm going with the motto "try, try again" and planning to try again next month!

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, I've never seen this pattern and it looks lovely! Isn't it great to accomplish something like this?!
(Sorry for mentioning but I think the top of the shawl needs to swoop not hump; just make the top of the shawl a nice arc by pulling the bottom down into a deeper curve. The shawl will lay better on you this way!)

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Normally I'd agree, as most shawls I've seen and made don't have a hump in the top center, but I've seen pictures of several others that blocked out this way and the designer's pictures show a rolled edge, so I think it's just part of her design. Her pictures and the pattern can be seen on Ravelry at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/summer-moon .