As usual, it's been busy around here. One of my sons is getting married in less than a month and I've managed to finish the shawl, along with another old UFO shawl, made some quick nail polish and solid perfume by starting with ready-made bases for the bridal shower favors and am now busy making candles for wedding favors! Oh yeah, I'm working on moving in between everything else:-)
First off, the Sweet Dreams shawl. I barely managed to finish and get it blocked in time to give it to Sam, my son's fiance, and my soon to be daughter-in-law. I think she really likes it:-)
Sometimes my projects get set aside and forgotten for a while. Eventually, most of them come out and are finished. Such is the case with this Samen shawl:
Bridal shower favors began with pre-made nail polish and perfume bases from Bramble Berry. They are easy to make if you follow the directions I figured out how to make labels for my projects before Christmas, so worked up some for these, wrapped them and then put them in this pretty box I found.
I'm making half the candles white and half pink. Each of my batches is a different scent, and has ended up filling about 11 candle tins. Most of the time there is enough left to fill a wax tarts mold as well. I'm burning one candle of each fragrance to make sure the fragrance smells nice, so there will be 10 of each scent to give to Sam and her family for the wedding favors. The supplies are from Bramble Berry and they had the candle labels as a free download without any scent marked on them, so I'm adding the scents as I print them, so the candles can be labeled with the correct scent. In case you didn't know, I tend to be a production type of person when it comes to making anything that has repetitive parts. For these candles, I make candles until I run out of space and then I switch to labeling and packaging mode, repeating until the job is done.