Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Janet's Influence - two kinds of flowers

I thought it would be best to start with some basic daisy-like flowers, so I chalked some centers and took of quilting the petals first. The centers were added next, and then I filled in the stems and leaves, chalking guide lines for the stems and leaf center lines.

Since I'm trying to imagine a garden, I began thinking about the height of different flowers, and what should be next. Since I really like coneflowers, they were the next to be quilted. This time I started by quilting the centers, and then added petals, and lastly the stems and leaves. I like adding the stems and leaves last, because they are fillers, and since I'm not really premarking the flowers, there is really no way to tell where I'll want them until the flower heads are finished.

1 comment:

verobirdie said...

I liked the ferns but the flowers are even better!