Sunday, August 03, 2008

Blue Background - water

So far, I've added more layers and begun the quilting process. The shiny areas are angelina fibers that were ironed into sheets, and then I tore them to make the wave edges. The lightest areas are cheesecloth that I washed to give it texture, and there is also some glitter dotted net. The whole quilt has been covered with navy netting to hold all those loose edges in place. Once the quilting is finished, I'm thinking of adding hand embroidery, beading, and maybe some lace.

3 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

This is stunning! The quilting is beautiful. Can't wait to see what else you do with this piece.

Judy S. said...

Wow, Lynn, this really does look like water and waves. Thanks for the explanation yesterday; wish I could have watched you doing it!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! It is truly amazing what you've done with that. Thank you for explaining what you did.