Friday, November 06, 2009

Cardigan Progress


As promised, here's how my Mr. Greenjeans cardigan is coming along. I started it last spring (I think - hey, it's been a long time), but like my other knitting projects, only gets worked on when traveling, or when I can't work on my other projects. Instead of long sleeves, it has 3/4 sleeves, which should help me get it finished a bit sooner.

Once this sleeve is finished, I'll knit the second, and then it will be finished by adding a band all around the front and neck opening. In case you're wondering about the white, dotted line on the sleeve I'm knitting, it is my holding thread, like the one holding the left sleeve stitches. I've temporarily left it in so that I can take measurements from there when following the sleeve instructions.


Even though it won't be blocked until it is finished, I hope you can see the alternate cable and plain column ribbing.
Details: Pattern is Mr. Greenjeans , which is a free pattern from Knitty, and the yarn is Twisted from Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

4 comments:

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

That looks great, I have the same pattern in my project list but have been debating the yarn for a while. Love your choice of colors really pretty

Judy S. said...

Nice yarn and the makings of a pretty sweater, Lynn. I saw your cute beaded purses at Gathering Fabric today. Loved 'em!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Thank you both for the compliments! This cardigan was on my list for quite a while before I started it too, but it has gone quickly compared to other cardigans I've made.

Thank you Judy for the compliment on my amulets, they're fun to make, and when I teach the class everyone always completes the piecing and starts the beading in class. I completed my last amulet as a nametag, with extra embellishments and space for my name. I can even use it as a pocket or scissor holder.

Cardigan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.