Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Construction Progress

Yesterday, we checked on our renovation project, and other than a few little details that need to be taken care of, my new studio is finished! The rest of the house still has a bit more to go, and no, we won't be able to live there full time for a while, so I'll only partially fill this space when it is time to move in, but it will be great to have the space!!! This was the first time I was able to see the floor, as it was covered almost as soon as it was installed - it's a floating cork floor, and should be much easier on my feet when I do all the tasks that I like to stand for.

As you can see, there are lots of lights (daylight flourescent) because I said I wanted it to be like daylight, although I do have the option of turning half, or all of them on. Even though I have extra task lighting in my current studio, I am usually wanting more.



The entrance is in a wide hall, and I have double doors.




Hopefully, the beautiful view won't keep me from working, although it is a wonderful distraction, and will probably inspire some new projects.


Looking back at the entrance, my design wall will be on the left, between the hall doorway and the exterior door, while my office area will be in the right corner, so as to leave my sewing space close to the windows for lots of natural light!


1 comment:

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Wonderful looking studio, I love the space and the view would just kill me. I could stand or sit there for hours with a cup of wine and just be. I can't wait to see it finished and in action that's going to be such fun.