Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Sometime I will learn to work on one project

at a time. In the meantime, I've made progress on several.....

The quilting on my self portrait is more than halfway finished, as I just need to finish the background. I think it needs to have some embellishments added, but I'll need to dig through my studio and see what I have that will work.


I've also started cutting into these fabrics to make a bed quilt, working with block ideas from Karla Alexander's new book Color Shuffle. I'm not sure if it will end up being king or queen sized, but I'm in need of one king and two queen sized quilts at the moment, so it will depend how it works out.



I really like her "Shaken, not Stirred" quilt, so I tried out some blocks. I'm not very keen on the way they look with these fabrics, so I flipped through the book for another design.


I like these blocks from "The Square Within" project, and plan to make more, although I'm thinking I might like to change the setting, to take advantage of some of the prints in my collection, as well as including the solid. Only time will tell how this quilt will turn out.

Another thing I have done is pull out threads for more of my hand stamped art quilts, as I need to get these quilted!


If you think I've forgotten about my loom, I haven't. I'm currently working on an astrological shawl based on my personal horoscope, designed by Bonnie Tarsus, and I really like the way it's coming out!







3 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

I rationalize my multiple projects at once by telling myself that it supports my creativity, and leads to cool cross-overs between projects/mediums. And I'm only physically doing one thing at each second, even if I spend time on several projects during the day. (Oh, no attention span here!!)

Good to see your quilts and your weaving. I'm glad you like your horoscope!! It's very pretty!

Sue

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

No need to work on just one project! I like to switch back and forth between piecing, quilting, painting, handwork...whatever I feel like doing each day. I am NEVER bored!

Love the colors you have chosen for the new quilt, and also the hand-stamped art quilts.

Lynn Majidimehr said...

It's good to know that others also work on more than one project! I know that sometimes I'll start a new project just because it is motovating me to get going on something, but many times I switch projects when I get stuck and need to think about the one I'm working on. There are other times when I have seen something that inspired me, or purchased supplies that I want to start using right away. I do agree that there are things I wouldn't have tried, had I not been a multiple project person, and I would have missed having made some wonderful things. It's also true that I'm not usually bored either!