The other night, I stayed up and finished Madrona!!!! The only things left to do are sign, pres again, and you guessed it - take pictures, so those are coming soon, as well.
Since those were done, I was able to get back to my crazy log cabins, and I decided to listen to one of my readers, and fit the wonky blocks together. Here they are in progress (sorry I didn't think to take more):
The secret word here is "partial seams", as that was how I was able to get them to fit. Start with two that fit together and go from there. Some areas were built, then seamed together, leaving the ends unstitched, so that I would be able to continue the seam later. To fit the last areas together, I marked where one edge overlapped the other, and then cut, adding a 1/2" overlap.
Here's a close-up: