Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Quilt Market - Day 3

Monday was another fantastic day at Quilt Market for me.  When I arrived at the Martingale booth for my book signing, there was already a line!  Many of the shop owners purchased more than one book for me to sign, and some told me they sold out quickly and had to re-order.  One lady told me that the books came in and never made it out of the back room!

Have you seen the Slice fabric cutter?  It's an amazing little cutter that can cut fabric with fusible web attached - what an accurate way to cut appliqués!  On Sunday and Monday I watched as they gave several away, and it's possible that they had given some away on Saturday, but I missed it.  Just being there for the giveaways was a lot of fun, even if I didn't win one, although I guess it could go on my Christmas wish list.....



Of course, I did do some shopping while I was there, first at sample spree, and then more from the show floor.  Part of my purchases are destined for my one of a kind art quilts, while I plan to use others for new designs in the future.  I'd show you a picture, but they won't arrive for about a week, since I had to ship them home, and one won't arrive until mid to late December, because it isn't scheduled to start shipping until then.

I've been looking for arches to photograph, and was surprised to find some just across the street from the hotel I was staying in:

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Of course your book is selling like crazy!