Sunday, December 12, 2010

Madrona photo shoot

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I'm busy making gifts, and many can't be seen until after they've been gifted, and of course, there are some that may never be photographed, because I gifted them as soon as they were finished, so I have no pictures.  Anyway, I had to get the large quilts photographed today so that I can use the space tomorrow to set up the Christmas tree, and that means I have pictures to post:  Madrona today, and others to follow. 

Well, here it is at last, the finished Madrona quilt, taken while hanging, instead of doing my best to take a picture of it lying on the floort.  At 89" wide and 62-1/4" high, I believe it's the largest wall quilt that I've made so far!


Here's a detail shot of the bark.  I wanted to show the ragged look that the trees have as the bark peels away.


The trees and much of the quilt top were collaged into place, and then quilted, leaving all the raw edges to ravel and add texture.


The ferns were fussy cut from a batik fabric, but re-colored with Seta-scrib fabric pens.


And here's my photo set-up.  Sometimes I hang a black curtain behind the quilts, but not today.


2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I love how it turned out but the size really makes this piece impressive! Excellent work.

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Thank you!