Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Making Progress

Sorry I've been away from my blog for a while.  I've been working, and taking some pictures, but very behind in posting....  I'm trying to make up for it with this l-o-n-g post, containing quite a few pictures:-)

I've made progress one the purplish mitts, even though I only work on them while waiting or on road trips:


I've begun working on the Oatmeal Cardigan from Spin-Off Magazine (I think it's in the Winter 2009 issue), although I'm using Cascade 220, instead of handspun.  I did spin for the sweater, but chose the wrong kind of wool, and it's not as soft as I wanted to knit the sweater with, so will be repurposed into something else (eventually).  I've started twice, two different sizes, same size needles, and am still pondering whether to knit the smaller one (my preference right now), since the other is huge on my arm, or to try again on smaller needles (I'll probably continue on the smaller one).





Last year, I diligently collected the patterns and instructions for the Snowbound BOM from Bunny Hill Designs and tried to start, but life got in the way and I had to set it aside.  So..... I'm diligently working on it whenever I have time to just sit and work while watching TV, and I'm making good progress, with many blocks appliquéd, more in progress, and others prepped and ready to work on.  Let's start with my portable appliqué basket containing the prepped blocks:


Here are the blocks - so far:









1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

The snowman quilt will be so cute-they are very popular here (I think it is because we don't have to deal with snow people can get excited about the thought of it!)
The mitt is very pretty, get it done!