Monday, August 01, 2011

Whidbey Island trip

Yesterday, we took a family trip to Whidbey Island and had a wonderful day!

One of our stops was at the Captain Whidbey Inn, in Coupeville.  In looking at the building, I think the original building must have been much smaller, and it had been expanded more than once, but I'm just guessing.


When we were walking near the water, I saw this table and chairs, and thought how nice it would be to sit and eat right by the water.


I love this old boat, it has so much character!


The inn looks out on Penn Cove.  If you've ever had Penn Cove mussels, this is where they come from.  Between the inn and the waterfront shopping and restaurant area of Coupeville is where they grow the mussels.


Another place we stopped was at the top of Mt. Erie, where you can see for miles!  Lake Campbell is the body of water in the foreground with the small island.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Very beautiful day trip! Love the last pic-it made me think of Scotland (no , I have never been there but it reminds me of it anyway!)