Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Have a Design Wall!

Over a month ago, my husband helped me attach foam insulation panels to the wall in my studio, but it took much longer than I had expected for me to figure out how to stretch an attach the flannel by myself.  It's finally finished, with the edges neatly trimmed and covered with a pale green and white dotted ribbon!  (I know the ribbon can't be seen unless you are in my studio.  My husband said it didn't need it, but the cut edges bothered me, and I'm happier now that the edges look nice.)

Here's another of my UFOs, but it's now out of the bag and up on the wall so I can think about getting it finished (after the bed quilts - they have to be finished first)!  This is not my design, but I bought it because I liked it, and it is a foundation pattern that is great for using some of my fat quarter stash.  (I'll post the pattern information as soon as I find the pattern cover.)


After finishing the crazy log cabin panel (yes, it is waiting for me to make it into a bag), I had some blocks and partial blocks left over (and of course more scraps), so I've pinned them near the edge of the design wall for now.


1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

What a great addition to your sewing room! It is on my list for next year when we overhaul my sewing room! So happy for you. The quilt you have up there is stunning-nice to be able to display and arrange off the floor , isn't it?1