Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mail and Magazine Basket

My husband wanted a basket for his mail and magazines, so I used a slotted wooden base and adapted a weaving pattern to fit (with a little artistic liberty).  The pattern I started with is called the Shelf Storage pattern and is a free pattern at N.C. Basket Works, but it is designed to be a larger basket with a woven bottom, so I had to do some figuring and made a sketch to make sure the dark verticals would be placed as planned.  As soon as I gave it to him, he started filling it up!


As you can tell, the interior pattern looks a bit different.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Very pretty-it took me a minute to find the difference on the inside and then I spotted it! Have you ever looked at this site for patterns, kits and supplies...

http://jb-designs.com/free%20pattern%20title%20page.aspx

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Yes, they have nice patterns too!