Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sumptuous Surface shell FINISHED!

Well, I stitched in the car, and then I started adding beads, beads, and more beads. Tonight I really wanted to finish it, so I just kept going until it was finished (about 5 minutes ago)! My legs were stiff when I went to stand, because I had sat in the same position for so long. (When I'm close to finishing something, I like to keep going until it's done.) Maybe some will say I should have left it more open, but I'm happy with the way it came out.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmigawd!!! This is divine, gorgeous, spectacular, really beautiful. You must be so happy with the end result.

ARTbyB23 said...

That is beautiful!

Rachel Murphree said...

Lynn, I LOVE all the beading which makes the inner subtle designs just POP! and the starfish in the bottom left corner made me smile. It's BEAUTIFUL!

die-fadenwerkstatt said...

Lynn, this is so beautiful and your stitches are so exact. I like the lacy look of the pulled thread area.

Anonymous said...

I love how the beading and texture turned out!

I hope I can do as well on my piece! Definitely worth all the time you put into it!

Julie

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo beautiful. Great job!

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I think the amount of texture and beads is just right...

Kim Switzer said...

Oh my gosh! It's so gorgeous! Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling over this incredible work of art. What a magnificent job. Well done!!!

ACey said...

This is a real show stopper. Wish I could see it in person

verobirdie said...

Your first piece is beautiful, so rich with texture!

Sheri said...

oh that is gorgeous!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

That is spectacular! Love the texture and tones.