Originally, I had wanted to have more variety of stitches in this piece, and the whipped spiderweb sea stars just proved to be impossible (for me anyway) on top of the cheesecloth that I started with. Since I wanted the scrunched texture, the needle would catch as I worked, and many things were ripped out along the way, making me change plans and stitches used. Even though bouillons and cast on stitches were problems for me in the past (and in some places here - due again to cheese cloth), I found that if I worked them in the more open areas, before the other stitches were added, and used the right needle, I eventually got the hang of them. Many of the threads used in this project were hand-dyed by me in varigated sea colors. Of course, there are things I wish I had done differently, but in the end I'm happy with it.