I had the pleasure of taking the bus to visit quilt shops on the Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop yesterday. During the time between shops, I was able to finish my Leyburn socks! There are more stitches around the ankle than the foot, and the first is a bit snug on my foot, with a loose ankle, so I tried to adjust my tension on the second, and it seemed to help, as it fits much better.
I did try to work on my Roller Coaster socks from Sockamania, but ended up ripping out what was knit on the second sock, due to finding an error in one of the first few rows. It was one of those little errors that are difficult to see, until you have tried to make it work by fudging the stitches many, many times, and in a way it was a relief to find the source of the problem. It will be cast on again during the next road trip, waiting room, or other available time, and hopefully will progress more smoothly.