Saturday, August 01, 2009

Not much progress on these

The last time I showed you these socks, I was at this point:



and now I am at this point:



Yes, I know I haven't made much progress, although I have worked on it.

After the first picture was taken, I knit more, but kept having trouble, in that I would forget the make1s, and end up either ripping, or fudging, just to move forward. Finally, while I was in Sisters, OR in July, I realized that the original error was in one of the first few rows, and decided to rip it all out! Once I started over, it has gone more smoothly, and I'm making progress, although having much less time to knit, however, I only have a couple rows to finish up the heel flap, and then I think it will move faster, with only pattern on the instep.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Sounds a bit like the story of my first attempt at that lacy cable pattern which I finally finished. I love that pattern now and have actually started another pair! What yarn are you using for your socks? I love the colorwayr!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

I'm using Blue Moon Socks that Rock lightweight, in the Dutch Canyon colorway. I purchased it directly from http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com/