Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Figs and Ginger progress

The blocks have all been trimmed to 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" (this is larger than the pattern states, so my quilt will end up a little larger than the size in the book).


The blocks were laid out on the floor, so that I could arrange them to look their best, and also to make sure they are mirror images of each other.


When I was happy with the way the colors flowed across the quilt, I stacked the blocks from right to left, with the rightmost block on top, and then stacked the rows, offsetting them so that I could easily pick up and sew one row at a time.  The block in the upper right of each quilt is on top of the stack, and I placed a little sticky note on top of each block with lines marking the angle of the colors and enough information to remind me how they were stacked, just in case I get interrupted.  Each quilt gets stored in it's own bag until I am ready to work on it, just to make sure they stay in order!



Here's a better view of one of the quilts in progress:

No comments: