Saturday, April 09, 2011

Figs and Ginger Quilt-a-Long

I've made lots of progress on the Figs and Ginger quilt lately, especially today!  In case you missed my first post, this pattern is from Karla Alexander's book, called "Stack the Deck Revisited", and I've decided to make two, one being the mirror image of the other, so that I can put them on a pair of twin beds and they will point towards each other, creating a chevron of sorts.  I thought it would be nice to do a quilt-a-long, hoping to see other people's versions of the same design.  Next time, I do a quilt-a-long, it will be one of my own designs, or a take-off from my book, making another project with those flowers.......

Enough talk, right now I'm piecing the red / yellow decks:


Here is my collection of pieced blocks, stacked  by color:


And the remaining decks are green / tan, but are the last pair of colors!


Once I have all the blocks pieced, then I'm going to have fun choosing where to crop the blocks as I trim them down to size, but right now, I just need the rest of the blocks pieced!

If you missed my last post, go back and read it, and then leave me a comment to be in the draw for a copy of my book!

No comments: