Monday, September 05, 2011

Olympic National Park

Saturday, my husband and I took a road trip to Olympic National Park!   We took a scenic highway that followed the Hood Canal for part of the way, headed towards Port Angeles, and then into the park and up to Hurricane Ridge!  We stopped at Switchback Trail, and took a short hike, before continuing upward.


View from the pond at the bottom of the trail:


There are lots of springs coming out of the mountain here!


My husband said I had to pose for a picture to post on the blog, so here's me at the ranger station at the top of the road to Hurricane Ridge.  We drove a bit past here and then went for about an hour and a half hike at the end of the road.  As you can see, views from here are gorgeous!

These pictures were taken with my little pocket camera, but I also took pictures with my little video camera, as well as another camera, so I'll post more as I get them uploaded to my computer and edited.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, beautiful scenery-will we be seeing them in a future series of quilts?!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Maybe, although I have quite a few UFOs to work on first:-)