Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Pic's from Sisters

Most quilt shows have some vendors, and the Sisters Quilt Show is no exception, although being an outdoor show, with the quilts being hung around town, there is a lot more variety, and colorful displays are everywhere. I love the colorful stars and bird houses outside of this shop!




Nearby was a vendor that had some beautiful baskets for sale - boy was I being tempted, and I did manage to settle with a picture:-)




The town is charming, and there are lots of cute houses, this one having a canoe on the roof to hold their rose garden up where the deer can't reach!




Many people bring their dogs along, and this one is a Havanese, with such a sweet temperment, it was nice to visit with them for a few minutes.



Flowers are everywhere, and I love the way they included this wagon and filled it with flowers!



One of my housemates found an interesting garden on her daily walks. The lady that lives there actually has her bed on a covered deck in summer, so that she can sleep outside! I'm sure you could find her if you asked for The Garden Angel.


I've always wondered how they get the quilts hung and taken down from the side of the Stitchin' Post, and now I've seen what they do. The firemen come with their truck and ladders and help hang and take down the quilts - imagine that!




A close-up:











1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Quilts + trip = perfection