Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hand Stamped mini-quilts

Before quilting the Madrona quilt, I needed to spend some time warming up on a few smaller quilts. These had been waiting for me, and now they're quilted! All of them have been stamped with Lumiere fabric paint, using stamps that I carved. As you can see I got a little carried away on the first, starting to machine embroider to add color. The next stop for these quilts is to be embellished with hand quilting, beads, sequins, hand embroidery, more paint..... and then they will have their edges finished and a sleeve added. (I'm trying the "save for web" choice in Photoshop, so I can see what, if any change it makes in the pictures on my blog.)





1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

What great 'practice' results! I love the green/flower quilt!