Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pine Needle Basket

Well, I can now say I've made a pine needle basket!  

I've seen some beautiful pine needle baskets, and have been wanting to try one for some time.  A while ago, I bought Nadine Spier's video, that teaches how to make them, using a cabachon, black walnut slice, and other things in the center.  At the time, I didn't have the supplies, and once I did, I didn't have the time to follow the video lesson and make one - until the other day, when I had a few hours and thought it would be a small, quick project.  Ha!  It took me days longer than I thought it would, but I do think it came out ok, especially for a first project!  Will I ever make another?  Only time will tell.  I've decided that for now, it's not for me, although I've saved the supplies, just in case I get the urge to try again, or maybe one of my friends would like to try, you never know:-)  Besides, I've got plenty of other media to keep me busy!


1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, it is a beauty! What is that in the center of the basket?