Sunday, March 18, 2012

Out of the Box




I was tired and not feeling well when I arrived home today, but there was a package for me that held Mary Lou Weidman’s book Out of the Box, so as quickly as possible, I sneaked off with my new book.  I flipped through the book to get a quick peek at everything and then sat down to read.  It was exactly what I needed to feel better!  I love her quilts!  They are a style quite different than mine, but full of color, fun and lots of energy.   Her book is chock full of helpful advice, along with lots of great information that can be applied to any style, and even many other media, not just quilts, and she urges all of us to get out there and create our own art.  Of course, she gives us all the instructions we need to get started making story quilts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like some creativity and color to give you a boost!
-DelightedHands