Monday, January 18, 2016

Dahlia Pillow with Flowers from my Book!

Donna Seegmueller sent me some pictures of a beautiful pillow she made using  dahlias and leaves from my book and gave me permission to share it with you.  Isn't it beautiful!





Here's what she said about making it:

"As for some construction details, I reduced the pattern to 75%.  I selected the colors from my stash of batiks and applied fusible interfacing, then fussy cut each petal, mirroring the images a couple of times to achieve directional movement one would see in a garden. For dimension on each flower, I heat set all the petals, then using coordinating variegated thread I stitched each petal from its center to its edge only to secure. The hummingbird on the left is an applique, adapted and mirrored from the 3-D embroidery on the right. That design came with my Husqvarna/Viking embroidery machine, in case you need to make note of it. Finally, I quilted the background by tightly stippling between the stems and then switching to outline quilting of the humming birds wings for the sky.

I hope your readers enjoy my creation. I enjoyed the challenge and thoroughly enjoyed working with your design.

Donna Seegmueller
Auburn WA"



I love seeing everyone's projects!

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Incredible-what an honor to see it!

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Hi just found you whilst blog hopping, the cushion is amazing, such a beautiful design ... so now of course I'm to read more of your blog, and Google for your book!
Jullxo

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Thank you both for your nice comments!

Jill, there's a link to my website, lynnmajidimehr.com at the top right on this blog, and you will be able to see all the quilts in the book by following that link and then the book tab on the left of the website. Also, I've tried to remember to add labels for all the posts to do with the book, so they can be followed (need to add one to this post as well) and same with my pattern line, because sometimes it's nice to see patterns made up in different fabrics, or more pictures of the same quilt!