Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Houston Quilt Festival - classes

My first class was Quilt Design Exploration with Jean Wells Keenan, and it was a fun and interesting class!I was the last student to arrive in class, so the colors here aren't what I would have chosen if I would have arrived earlier - I guess it was the early birds that got the fabric strips. The wavy striped piece was my main accomplishment in the morning, and the crazy log cabin blocks were made in the afternoon. I really like the blocks that have more complex centers, and am thinking about cutting the boring, more regular log cabins to make more centers and then I can make them into complex blocks too. I'll have to look through my stash for solid fabrics, or maybe I'll just take all the blocks with me to shop for border fabric, and see what I can find to work with these, then I will be able to decide on a setting for them.


No comments: