Thursday, November 20, 2008

Urban Scraps - a preview

Here's a sneak peek of a new project. In between working on Donnie's quilt and other things, I've been planning a scrappy looking quilt that has it's roots in the Urban Couture fabric from Moda. As soon as my local shop received their jelly rolls and 10" square fabric packs (I think they call them layer cakes?), I went down and purchased one of each. After doing some math and playing around in EQ, I was able to come up with something I liked, although I didn't take the time to count the number of pieces I would be able to cut from each piece and color them exactly. Since then, some bolts of coordinating fabric arrived, and of course I ran down to make sure I could get fabric for the borders before it dissapeared. Hopefully when it is finished I will be just as happy, if not happier with the real thing.

No comments: