Sunday, November 02, 2008

Houston Quilt Festival - shopping!

Shopping opportunities were abundant, the problem for me was limited shopping and looking at quilts time between all the classes that I was taking. Of course there are so many great shops that are represented there, it is really easy to go over budget in a short amount of time! Quilter's Threads is an online shop that carries some of my patterns as well as many other things. About a year ago they started offering online classes, of which I am also an occasional teacher, and this year had their first booth at quilt market. You can find a picture of the booth in an earlier post. Back to shopping - There were wonderful threads and fibers, along with all her other products, and I fell in love with the hand dyed threads, and fibers, and can't wait to work with my purchases.
Another shop I couldn't resist was the Artfabric booth, and purchased some lovely packages of silk fabric and threads, as well as a beautiful silk scarf (although I don't think I'll cut into the scarf any time soon - I'll wear it for a while first).

The Great Yarn Company was another place I had to stop and make a purchase. The Noro sock yarn is destined to become a lacy shawl someday, while the Kaffe Fasset colored Regia sock yarn will either be socks or maybe something else, as I haven't really decided yet.

After taking Katrina Walker's layering silks class, I was on the hunt for more fibers and tools, and the ones above were found in the FeltCrafts booth.
All these needle felting products are made by Clover, but were purchased in a variety of booths - wherever I could find them! Many stores carry the Clover products, so it's usually quite easy to find them either locally, or online.

Of course I did make a few more purchases, but alas blogger will only let me upload 5 pictures in one post, so I'll save some for later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lynn - It was great meeting you at the International Quilt Festival - we had a ball being there! Can't wait to see what lacy goodness you knit up with the Noro Kureyon Sock yarn - don't forget to email me a pic!

Thanks,
Sue @ Great Yarn Company dot com
www.GreatYarnCompany.com

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

What fun to see your Houston purchases and class projects! BTW, you can upload as many pics to blogger as you want, you just have to do it five at a time. :)