Friday, June 10, 2011

Figs and Ginger - more blocks

Progress is slow right now, but at least I'm making some progress and eventually, I will have two finished quilts!  I thought you might like to see the way I calculated the number of each block colorway that needed to be made from my diagram, so here's a picture of the chart (remember I had to double the numbers for two quilts, and make full stacks of fabrics - that's how I ended up making as many additional blocks as the pattern said to cut for the original size):


My cut and shuffled decks:


If you were wondering about the colorful papers in the stack, I use them to separate each deck and also to make moving the stack in progress closer to the machine easier.  Once I complete these blocks, they can be organized and sewn to the bottom of my panels to complete them and then the borders can be sewn on!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

This is great progress-very clever tip about the paper t omake it easier to transport! I am going to remember this!