Saturday, June 18, 2011

I hope this is enough

yarn for a sweater (or vest), that is.  In a few minutes here and there, and then a massive attempt to get it all plied, I've manage to finish 3 huge and 1 medium skein of dk / worsted yarn from that warm gray wool.  I'm in need of a break from this color,  because I'm tired of looking at it and after putting it around my neck like a cowl and looking in the mirror, I believe it will be headed into the dyepot before knitting.  so it's washed and dried and I'll try out my McMorran balance to see what yardage I might have after it has been dyed (it could change during dyeing process).  Here's what I have at this point:

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I agree-working with plain, natural yarn is tiring! I love the color buzz as I spin and knit both! Make the front and back first and then if the yarn is looking like you might run out, make shorter sleeves! lol It is fun to live on the edge anyway!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

I'm probably only halfway through the roving I bought, so I could spin up more (I have 2 almost filed bobbins left as well), but if I dye these before knitting, I might not be able to match the color later. What to do, what to do... I think I'll work on something else while I mull it over:-)