Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Jewelry and Quilting

The second Figs and Ginger panel has been pieced!  After doubling my calculations and tallying up the squares needing to be cut, I looked at the cutting for one of the panels and found the number of pieces I need to cut are exactly the same as if I was making another panel from the book!  Of course, I won't be using all the blocks in the quilts, but still need to stack, cut and re-sort the decks in order to make the additional blocks I need.  I'm hoping I'll be able to make a coordinating pillow or two with the extra blocks.

On the jewelry side of things, I've been wire wrapping beads and made this set from copper wire and stone beads.

I'v

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Very nice set--I really like the combination of the wire and stones! Let the piecing begin on the rest of the blocks!