Monday, June 28, 2010

Cityscape

I submitted a design to one of my local quilt guilds Block Party Quilter's Club, and they chose to make it for the raffle quilt this year. The guild worked together, including a group sewing day for the pieced blocks. An appliqué group completing the compass center, Charlotte, the guild President appliquéd the eagle, others put it together and I believe Toni Nicholes quilted it. It is the first time for me to design a quilt for a group to make, as up 'till now, I've made and quilted all my quilts.

Well, here it is...



I thought you'd also like to see a close-up of the center...



and when I was there, a friend said I had to have my picture taken with it (I only wish I had dressed for the occasion).



2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, it is good you included the pic of yourself with the quilt because we get to see how big the quilt actually is! Beautiful job!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Yes, it's large because they wanted a bed sized quilt. Thanks!!!