Monday, June 28, 2010

Poppies, Poppies...

The Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop was this past weekend, and although it's been busy around here, I was able to get to a few shops with a friend. Along the way I saw these gorgeous poppies!!! We've had California Poppies in the past, but I've never seen this type before, and I think I'll have to remember to look for seeds or plants for next year's garden.



These varigated blush-pink poppies are also new to me - and they would look great with the white, pleated ones above!



At first glance, these looked like the poppies I had grown before, but they are also varigated!!!




3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I have always wanted to grow poppies but haven't! Never seen the white ones either-just so pretty-similar to the ones on the top of your blog!

Judy said...

Lovely flowers!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

I hadn't thought how the pleated poppies were similar to my blog header, until you mentioned it! Thank you both for your comments!