Sunday, June 08, 2008

Peach Socks finished!

Now I have another pair of socks to wear! It's amazing how different the self-striping happened from the same dye lot. I wonder if it just depends what point in the stripe that you start with? The pattern is Tumbling Blocks sock pattern from Crystal Palace Yarns, and the yarn is Panda Wool from the same company, that was purchased at the local (sort of - 1.5 hours away) Sewing and Craft Expo.

The new take along sock project I'll be starting will be Cables and Lace socks, which I'm also making in Panda Wool, but in blue and white varigated yarn.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the link the the cute sock pattern, Lynn. I think you're correct in thinking that where you start on certain variegated yarns affects the end result. On the fair isle ones I always try to start in the same spot....looks like that might have been the case on your peach yarn. I've not seen a variegated yarn behave quite like yours!