Sunday, June 01, 2008

Weekend knitting

Well, one day turned into two, but the baby orchard that we planted a month or so ago was watered, grassy weeds cleared, and some knitting progress was made. It's probably going to seem like insanity to some of you, but I have three pairs of socks in progress (although one was a forgotten pair, recently found).



This peachy pink pair travel around with me in a section of my purse, so I always have something to work on, although progress is sometimes slower. The yarn is Panda Wool, and it is packaged in smaller amounts that are just right for one of these socks, so I'm not carrying a huge ball of yarn. This weekend, I finished the heel turn, the gusset decreases and am now heading down the foot.

This pair is going faster! The finished sock was begun on the way down to quilt market, after finishing the last pair of socks. On the way home today, the toe was stitched closed and the rib was made for the second. Now it's time to head down the leg in stockinette stitch, as it shows the yarn patterning better.

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Lynn, Three pair at once sounds about right to me, LOL! We won't go into how many WIPs I have...

I got the LoominEssence yarn at KnitPurl in Portland a while back. The scarf is knit in a triangle, from the apex to the base in garter stitch. You can't tell that because of the pressing. I'm not sure you could get the same effect at home, although it was suggested to use a sheet between the yarn and iron if you did.

Where is your baby orchard located?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am not a knitter, but can sit at my sewing machien for days and days without being bored. I wake up in the morning and crave sewing. Your socks are cute.

Paula, the quilter said...

I knit too and am currently working my way through Cat Bordhi's book New Pathways for Sock Knitters. She looks at sock structure way different! I usually have socks on the needles tucked into a corner of my bag too. They are highly portable projects and make great gifts. Hi, I'm Paula and I am addicted to sock knitting.

ann said...

LOVE THOSE SOCKS! I also like to knit socks, well maybe I really like to wear handknit socks so I'm forced to make them? chicken and egg thing?

Where did you get that GREAT yarn?