Thursday, July 23, 2009

Business Card holder basket

Before I left Sisters, OR, my friend Cathy gave me a kit for a market basket, that I'm looking forward to making. However, it is a different style than she taught me, so I was scared of making mistakes, and thought it might be best to try a smaller project.

This basket is so small, it was sometimes more difficult than my first basket. I wasn't happy with the flat oval lashing reed, but did not want to use any from my other kit, so went with it anyway, although if I would have been making a larger basket, it would have been better to get different reed and toss this. All in all, I think it turned out ok, especially since it is only my second basket, first with only written directions from the kit, and my first woven bottomed basket.

No comments: