Monday, July 20, 2009

Chenille Vest finished!


I hope I'm not the only one who can be really close to finishing a project, and then not finish it for one reason or another. This vest is from a kit I purchased (at least several years ago), and was finished other than the closure. My original intention was to make frog with the same fabric that was used for the binding, but then it went in the UFO pile because I didn't think I wanted the tube to be made with the bias I had cut, and the scraps are ??? So it sat. As I was going through my button / closure box, I came across this fancy hook and eye set, and decided it would look good, so I put it with the project, and still it waited - other projects were ahead of it. Finally, last night was it's turn, the hook and eye was sewn on, as well as a hidden button for the other point, and it is now ready to wear!

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nope, you aren't the only slow finished, Lynn. Somewhere in my stash of stuff is a finished sweater partially sewn together. Your post was a good reminder to find it. I'm still laughing!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Judy, I've still got lots more of these waiting for me....