Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fabric Painting / Sun Printing

Yesterday was a very busy, but very fun day! A couple of friends came over to do some fabric painting and sun printing on my driveway, but since it was their first visit to my house, we spent more time than we should touring the house and studio, so painted less fabric than we could have. Originally, I had hoped to take pictures while we worked, but the day went by so fast no pictures were taken. Fortunately I still have the fabrics that I painted, so here they are:


I love the depth of color and sunprints on this one.



The ferns printed better on this one, but it doesn't have as much color going on as the first.


And this one is almost flourescent when you see it in person, but beautiful!

For something different, the burnt orange is just paint and a couple different types of salt.

And this pink one printed the texture in the drop cloth, driveway, and a few wrinkles, but coordinates with one of the others. Not bad for just wanting to use up leftover paint!

2 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I love all the ones with the ferns. Did you use Setacolor transparent paints?

Lynn Majidimehr said...

I had a combination of Setacolor and Dye-na-flow paints out to use, but I used the Dye-na-flow for these pictured, because I find these much easier to dilute, as they are already watery, and yet I can get such rich deep colors if I wish. When I paint fabrics, I tend to do it quickly, and have ended up with the Setacolor painted fabric grainy - my user error.